Your best source for an inspiring & informing 1-stop shopping site showroom. Let us serve you.
Envy : Hasad (7 audio CD set) Jamaal al-Din M. Zarabozo
Place your ORDER Toll Free
Thank You for shopping with us. We appreciate your business, patronage, and look forward to serve you.
Publisher: Al-Basheer Publications & Translations Inc. (2006)
Voice: Shaykh Jamaal al-Din M Zarabozo
Media: Audio CD (7, in travel flexible vinyl case)
Total running time: 420 minutes approximate
Envy (hasad) is a disease that afflicts many hearts. If one is not cautious, it is easy to overlook this disease and fail to see the damage this disease is causing.
In this series of lectures, Br. Jamaal Zarabozo first explains the central role of the heart and the dangers of diseases in the heart. Next comes an indepth discussion of the concept of hasad and its evil consequences. This is followed by steps one can follow to remove this disease from one's heart.
Finally, the positive aspects of the obligatory hasad, competing in good deeds and sacrificing for the sake of others-the antidote to hasad-are discussed.
CD Track Listing --
The Central Role of the Heart
1. The Need to Speak About the Role of the Heart
2. The Central Role of the Heart
3. What Distinguishes the Heart's Worship of Allah from Worship via Deeds
The Deeds and Diseases of the Heart
1. Distinguishing Features of the Heart's Worship of Allah
2. The Obligatory Deeds of the Heart
3. Diseases of the Heart
4. The Concept of Envy in Other Cultures
The Definition of Hasad (Envy)
1. Various Definitions Given by Muslim Scholars
2. The Various Components of Hasad
3. The Different Levels of the Manifestation of Hasad
Historical Manifestations and the Evils of Hasad
1. The Sin of Hasad in the Heart
2. Historical Manifestations of Hasad
3. The Lessons from those Examples
4. The Evils of Hasad
The Evils of Hasad (cont.)
Counteracting Hasad in One's Heart
1. A Sign that One Has this Disease
2. Freeing Oneself from the Disease of Hasad
3. Allah's Pleasure with one who is free of Hasad
1. The Obligatory Hasad
2. Competing to do Good Deeds (al-tanaafus)
3. Sacrificing for the Sake of Others (al-eethaar)
About the Speaker --
Br. Jamaal Zarabozo is a long-time American convert to Islam. He is the author of a number of books, including the three-volume Commentary on the Forty Hadith of al-Nawawi, How to Approach and Understand the Quran, Purification of the Soul and others. His other available lecture series include the 28-lecture series A Study of Surah al-Faatihah and the 7-lecture series Extremism in Islam.